We are excited about soon resuming full-contact football for our students after the recent announcement from Gov. Brown. This afternoon, the district received additional guidance from the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) on requirements for beginning full-contact football.
- Offering, at a minimum, CDL with Limited In-Person Instruction (LIPI), with the goal of implementing Hybrid or full On-Site Instructional Models for students before the end of the 2020-21 school year.
- Comply with the Oregon School Testing Plan.
- Limit sports field capacity to 120 people maximum.
- Prohibit spectators.
- Offer on-site responsive testing for symptomatic individuals and for those with known exposures to individuals with COVID-19. This applies to athletes, support staff and volunteers.
- Collect contact information for contact tracing (as stated below in Contact Tracing section of this guidance).
- Collect a waiver from each participant or their parent/guardian that acknowledges the health and safety risks of COVID-19 when participating in outdoor full contact sports.
The full guidance released today can be viewed on the Oregon Health Authority website.
Current practices and activities will continue with current restrictions. At this time, we do not have a confirmed date on when SKPS students will be able to participate in full-contact outdoor sports (football), but will share more information as official dates are confirmed. Thank you for your continued support.
Website story: https://salkeiz.k12.or.us/news/oha-football-feb2021/